Monday, November 17, 2008

Lilly needs a cruise

This is a story I wrote for English class.
March 17, 2008


“Get in this boat, Hon.” William said to his wife, Lilly, after her hesitation to get on the boat.
“I don’t think I want to go with you any more after the way you've been treating me.” She said, stopping just before the ramp.
“The way I've been treating you?”
“Yes, you don’t like the way I cook anymore and you never want to spend time with me. I don’t think I will go with you.”
“Of course I want to spend time with you that's why we're taking this cruise.”
“You used to like the food I fixed for you.”
“Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut and eat it.”
“Next time you'll make it yourself.”
“Listen, Hon, I didn’t mean to upset you when I said the stake was too salty. Please get on the boat.”
“I'm going, but not because you want me to. I'm going because I want this vacation.” She stomped past him up the ramp to the boat. “Come on the boat’s not going to wait for you.”
After checking in and finding the room they made their way to the dining lounge for dinner.
William ordered a stake.
“This is delicious,” he said then looked at his wife realizing she didn’t want to hear it, “Of course, not as good as yours.”
“So, you have decided you liked the stake I fixed for you yesterday, have you? Well let me help you with this one” she said as she stood up and shook the salt shaker over his stake.
William not about to let her win took a big bite of the stake.
“Enjoy,” she said as she marched out of the dinning lounge.





No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=fc5eedbd64c1923df5eb4f7f7880809b