Saturday, November 29, 2008

first semester of school

this is English homework from my first semester of school
English 101-04

BWP 3

September 16, 2005

Supporting

To whom it may concern:

I am convinced that Riddle would be an excellent choice for the position of Management Trainee. While he attended Snodgrass College he took multiple liberal arts courses and applied them to business in new and unique ways that impressed me greatly. He also wrote the best undergraduate paper I’ve received since I came to Snodgrass six years ago. I learned a lot from it myself. He has a vast knowledge of the English language. The term paper was just a reflection of his intelligence. As far as the statistical aspect of the course, he easily solved any mathematical problem I gave him. Although Riddle is temperamental, moody, and somewhat of a loner, I think he is a gamble worth taking because he has the potential to be a great asset to your company.

Opposing

To whom it may concern:

Uriah Randolph Riddle was my most intelligent student, with all of the liberal arts classes he took and applied to business. He had multiple brilliant papers that I had the privilege of reading, especially his term paper relating different management styles to modern theories of psychology that I gave the grade A+, I even learned a lot from it myself. The paper showed me how well he can use the English language to his advantage. It was a very well written paper. He is very good at mathematics and aced every math problem on every test. I believe that you would be taking a huge risk in hiring him because even with his intelligence he has negative characteristics such as, he is temperamental and moody. His appearance, although it’s been several years since I've seen him, left much to be desired, especially for a management position. As far as his dependability, he repeatedly missed classes, often without explanation. I would not consider him much of a team player. He didn’t participate in one of my class’s required group projects because he claimed “they are all idiots.”

With all that said the choice is yours.

Sincerely,

Ami A. Ownbey

Assistant Professor at Snodgrass College







No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=fc5eedbd64c1923df5eb4f7f7880809b